Pages

Tuesday 12 February 2013

Amiens in France - CROIS Exchange Project


Bonjour!

How are you all? So I went to Amiens in France for the CROIS exchange project. It was extremely cold and windy in France but it was soooo much fun! As a mentor I had my own team with French and English young people. We saw some beautiful and interesting places like the cathedral, museums, WWI battlefield and many other historic places.

War Museum



The Cathedral

The battlefield ground memorial

The overall experience was brilliant! All the mentors become closer and we all worked well together. I cannot wait for the French students to come to London! I love student trips!

I have been involved working with young people since I was 13 years old with Youth Coaching Academy and was awarded Youth Peer Coach of the Year 2007. Being involved in projects with young people has definitely been one of the best things in my life. I was born in India and moved to London when I was 13 which is when I started to work with Youth Coaching Academy and has become one of the first youth peer coaches in the UK. It was one of the best decisions I ever made! 

It has always been amazing working with young people and watch them come out of their comfort zone and grow. The last time I went to Youth Coaching Academy’s Youth Summit, I met some amazing young people who had blown me away with the events that had taken place in their lives, and during one week of the trip they had learned how to deal with things and had come out of their shell. It is a proud moment when a young team member shines.

I have been to international events with young people before, for example, Anthony Robbins Foundation’s Global Youth Leadership Summit, where hundreds of young people from all over the world get involved. These events are extremely beneficial for young people to meet new people, emotional development and team activities, building them to become leaders.

The French student mentoring trip was a little different because it involved students who did not speak English, but even with that difference I had great communication and connection with my team. It is wonderful to know that language does not limit us from being able to have a relationship with someone.

A little about uni now. Cheerleading has been a lot better! I have been doing a lot more as my foot is healing fast! I cannot wait for the next competition so I can take part in it. With doing the academic work, I need to do a lot more than I am doing at the moment. I have joined the gym as well and I literally have no time for anything else but work (job), work (uni), gym and cheerleading. 3 more months now and it will be over… Need to make the most of the time I have…

Oooh and Valentines Day is coming up! Hope you all have a weekend filled with loads and loads of LOVE!!!!




Love,
Avneet xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment